Years ago, if you told me that people in the future would have an almost cult like obsession with a condiment, I would have called you crazy!
That was before I tried Sriracha and became entranced with the famous hot sauce. Not only is it an amazing hot sauce, but it goes well with just about everything! With Labor Day just around the corner, we couldn’t think of a more perfect way to (literally) spice up our holiday BBQ by sharing Chef Howard’s Homemade Sriracha Sauce.
Howards Homemade Sriracha
1 ½ pounds red hot jalapenos
4 cloves of garlic
4 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp salt
½ cup water
- Blend all ingredients-transfer to glass container and let sit for 5 days on counter or a cool/dark place until it bubbles up
- Pour into non reactive saucepan and add ½ cup vinegar
- Boil for 5 mins or to thickness preference
- Remove from heat, strain, and place in refrigerator
- Enjoy! It will last for about a month when stored properly
See more of Chef Howard’s menu on Glorious Event’s Website!